Tuesday 31 January 2017

Penang Chicken and Rice Stir Fry (Mary Berry)



Supper a couple of nights ago was this, Penang Chicken and Rice Stir Fry. It comes from Mary Berry Everyday by Mary Berry, out last Thursday.
Very good it was too.  I followed the recipe, essentially honey chicken with a curried veggie laced rice, with the exception that I used low salt soy, which I do routinely now. Will make this one again, nice (and easy) for a flavourful everday supper.
It’s a good book, exactly what it says in the title, number of delicious looking cakes too! More from this one soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw her make it on tv last night. I served it for dinner and I agree that it's a tasty dish, easy to make and a cheap meal for four. I had to improvise a bit as I didn't have enough honey, so I added a bit of Maple syrup, and I chopped up a little bit of Spring Cabbage to substitute for the courgette, since that was in the fridge waiting to be used up. A great recipe for home cooks or students.

Kara Kitchen said...

Great readd