Friday 27 January 2017

Gizzi's A Kind of Tartiflette

Well, I don’t know about you, but January tends to see me attempting to use up the ingredients that I had bought in December for Festive Christmas and Holiday Cooking. The only problem being that often December supper times see me so exhausted that the said festive delight doesn’t make it to the table. Really though anything suitable for Christmas Time is a good dish for Wintertime too. So January usually sees some delicious cooking. Whislt feeling like good husbandry in terms of using up food that I already have in the pantry or Freezer.
This recipe is a case in point, I bought the cheese and bacon, which I subsequently popped in the freezer. Only to come back to life last night as kind of Tartiflette from Gizzi’s Season’s Eatings by Gizzi Erskine. Not as rich as some due to the use of crème fraiche and milk. SO good!

No comments: