Sunday 21 March 2010

And the Winner of Eat Me Is

Smartie Cookies, after baking
The winner of Eat Me! The Stupendous, Self-Rising World of Cupcakes and Bakes According to Cookie Girl by Xanthe Milton is Carla of Four Foodies. I’ll be in touch about sending it to you! Well done Carla, and thank you to everyone who entered.
Here is a couple more recipes I’ve made from this excellent book:

Snowdrift Shortbread
I take on Millionaires shortbread, just with white chocolate and coconut on top, very good, best on day made we thought.
Before baking
Smartie Cookies
I’ve tried a few Smartie cookies in the past, and this one is the clear winner. I suspect it’s the chopped white chocolate that is enclosed into the balls of uncooked cookie dough before being studded with the colourful smarties. I made this for my little one and a friend who came to play on Friday. The friend said she had tried (bought) smartie cookies before, and refused a taste! Isn’t it always the way? Best laid intentions and all that. Cookie Girl says these are just as loved by adults as children, and it’s true; the little friend must have been the exception to the rule - everyone else has loved them and my batch has all but disappeared!
Think I’ll do Easter cupcakes and Easter cookies next. Mmmm.

3 comments:

Nickki said...

I love smartie cookies and I know two little boys how would wolf these down :-)

Your snowdrift shortbread looks great, I've never seen coconut sprinkled on top like that before!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look beautiful and remind me of cookies from senior school. (this is not an insult b y the way, they were perfectly soft squidgy cookies and tasted amazing)

Maria♥ said...

I love this book and have both those gorgeous recipes book-marked to make very soon.

Maria
x