Tuesday 13 May 2008

Cookbook & Other Memes

Well it's taken me far too long, but here I am catching up on some memes (please forgive me for the amount of time gone by!) but thank you very much to everyone who memed me, I appreciate it a lot. =)

Amanda memed me last August with two awards:


And


Thank you very much Amanda for your kindness I’m very honoured =)
I’d like to pass both of these onto:

Anna at Anna’s Kitchen Table
Lisa at The Chambermaid
George at Culinary Travels of a Kitchen Goddess
Brenda at Tea and Wheaten Bread
Cynthia at Tastes Like Home


My next meme also from last August was from Cynthia, a Middle Name Meme, I do have a middle name but I’ve chosen to use another name. Here are the rules:

Chose a middle name real or ficticious and give a fact about yourself for each letter of the name.

Jess


J - Jam making is not a lost art in our house – I love to make jam.

E - Enchiladas is a food thing that I only tasted for the fist time last week, they were good.
S - Sweet things and sugar are very close to my heart (just in case you all hadn’t realised this!)
S - Sugarplum is a word that I like a lot because it conjures up (for me) such visions of colourful prettiness and beauty.

Next Meme is a Cookbook one, and this is a real fun one! Thank you for passing this one onto me, thanks to Pat of Pat’s Food Blog and KJ of A Cracking Good Egg. Here are the rules:


1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

The first two books I looked at Healthy Appetite by Gordon Ramsay and Hello, Cupcake! By Karen Tack and Alan Richardson have pictures in p123! However here is the next one:

Three Guys From Miami Cook Cuban by Glenn Lindgren, Raul Musibay and Jorge Castillo

"Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, until all the water boils away – about 30 to 45 minutes. Don’t, as we have, take this opportunity to walk the dog, mow the lawn, or shoot the breeze with the next door neighbour. You must remain alert and vigilant."

I’d like to pass the last two memes (middle name and cookbook) onto:

Violets at Flowers In The Kitchen
Pistachio at Pistachio en la Cocina
Rosie at Rosie Bakes a Peace of Cake
Maria at The Goddesses Kitchen and
Patricia at Technicolour Kitchen

I hope you all enjoy them =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the awards KJ they're very much appreciated.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Many thanks from me too KJ!
xxx

Susan said...

Fun! Making jam is a great way to spend a weekend afternoon. There's nothing like the quality of hand selecting the fruit you will use. ; )

Glad I didn't bombard you with yet another meme, Kelly-Jane. I'm horribly backlogged with my own awards and memes - seems like I will never get out from under them. I still plan on passing one to you as soon as I see the light of day. : D

Rosie said...

Congratulations K.J. on your awards!! :) Thanks for the tag I will try to get this one done quicker than my last tags I had :)

Rosie x

Rhyleysgranny said...

Thank you Kelly. You are too kind
xxx

Lisa said...

K-J,
Thank you very much! (I'm very late, as usual.)
This is a very appreciated honor coming from you!
L. xoxo